Saturday, July 05, 2014

Book Review of Fury of Fate: A Dragonfury Short Story by Coreene Callahan



Synopsis:

She’s determined to try something new… 
Sasha Cooper is a woman on a mission. Determined to let loose and live a little, she takes her best friend’s advice and embarks on a night of passion with a complete stranger. No regrets in the morning. No looking back either. But when the one she chooses turns out to be a Dragonkind
 warrior, Sasha knows she’s in trouble—and that the man she believed was a dream come true could end up being her worst nightmare.

He never intended to get involved…
Ivar, leader of a rogue faction of Dragonkind, isn't a pushover. So when a noisy neighbor jeopardizes the security of his secret lair, he decides to take care of the problem once and for all. Little does he know banging on Sasha’s door will send him on a passionate odyssey unlike any he’s ever experienced. But when the night takes a deadly turn, he’s left little choice—escape from the woman who possesses the power to kill him, or die trying.


Review:


Fury of Fate (Dragonfury 4.5)Fury of Fate by Coreene Callahan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a short story in the Dragonfury series. I really loved it!

Ivar is a very driven man. He is a scientist, manipulating dragon DNA to create female dragons, and bent on eradicating the humans off the face of the planet. I actually like Ivar, strange as that may seem to some, because he does have a ruthless streak. He is a man of conviction, but I think he is a little blinded by his hatred on relying on humans to procreate.

Sasha Cooper is a woman I would like to know better. She is a shy person normally, but on an impulse, she indulges in one night of passion that could change her life forever.

I was looking forward to reading this short story, as I have really begun to love this series. I have been wanting a story from Ivar's point of view for a while, so when I heard this book was being written I was very excited. The only disappointment I had was that the story was too short! The story was really fun to read. The passion and attraction that these two characters have for each other just about burned the pages! I think that Ivar has met his match in Sasha. She is a scientist too, so they have something in common. I actually had a smile on my face at Ivar's reaction to Sasha near the end; his panic was a bit comical. I could actually picture the scene quite clearly, and I giggled at the images in my minds eye. I am now looking forward to continuing reading the Dragonfury series, and cannot wait for Venom's story.

Coreene Callahan has written another fantastic paranormal romance. She is fast becoming one of my favourite authors to read. Her books are fast paced, exciting and extremely addictive! I still have an issue with the f-bombs used, but I have come to realise that these characters are what they are, and I wouldn't change them at all.

Due to the use of bad language and the explicit sexual scenes, I do not recommend this book for younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love erotic paranormal romances or books with sexy dragon shifters! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


                   

No comments:

Post a Comment