Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Wicked Boy - Subtitled, “The Mystery of a Victorian Child Murderer,”

The Wicked Boy subtitled The Mystery of a Victoria Child Murderer written by Kate Summerscale.
 
https://www.amazon.com/Wicked-Boy-Mystery-Victorian-Murderer/dp/1594205787/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473758130&sr=8-1&keywords=the+wicked+boy 
Click on the pic to pick up your copy from Amazon
 
My review
 
It has been ages since I last read a book that so captivated me.
This is not written as a story more like a chronology of events.  But the sheer genius lies in the research that had to be the crux of the story.
I loved the definitions of psychiatric terms as it was known and understood at the time and as it would be understood now.  The legalities then vs now etc.  And as the chronology rolls out I found myself changing my mind time after time about the boy who committed matricide and the people in his life.
I loved it but if your looking to read this as a story I would pass and if you are not fond of details then skip this as well.  If however you are looking for a good read, then pick up this one. 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/11166.Kate_Summerscale
Click on the pic of the author above to read more about her and her workd on Goodreads. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment