Friday, November 01, 2013

14

By Peter Clines
Click on the cover to take you to Amazon purchase link

14
By Peter Clines
Narrated by Ray Porter
Date 2012
Length 12 hr. 34 min. 48 sec.

Let us start with the narrator.  This is a professional.  From the get go the reader was absolutely sure who in the book was busy speaking at any given moment.  His pacing and his cadence was expertly done and intrigued and never ever bored or annoyed.  Brilliant.  5 * job.

Cover. 
I buy books based on covers or known authors.  I fell in love with this cover and only read the blurb while I was already listening to the audio book.  So according to me the cover is 5*

Characters. 
A good mix of mostly everyday people with no special talents or extra sensory perception was refreshing.  Given Tim could do a few things the average Joe cannot but then so could Veek.  I fell in love with the characters and the author threw me for a loop with one of them turning out to be other than I figured. 
World building.
Amazing.  Need I say more?
Plot line.
Fresh, new, familiar enough to be comfortable and in that lies the crux.  It is this same familiarity that drew me in thinking…ok so the fuss is?  By the time the fuss is explained I was already hooked and could not put the book down.  I did not want to put the book down.  Amazing story. 
So to recap.
If you are looking for a thriller written by a master in the genre this is the book for you. 
If you love plot twists and unexpected happenings, this is the book for you. 
If you, like me, love an ending that is neatly wrapped and done then this is the book for you. 
So.  What are you waiting for?

WaAr

No comments:

Post a Comment