Monday, November 04, 2013

Book Review of Perfection Unleashed (Book 1 of the Double Helix series) by Jade Kerrion



Synopsis:

What would you do if you came face-to-face with perfection, and it looked just like you?

Two men, one face. One man seeks to embrace destiny, the othe
r to escape it.

Danyael Sabre spent sixteen years clawing out of the ruins of his childhood and finally has everything he wanted--a career, a home, and a trusted friend. To hold on to them, he keeps his head down and plays by the rules. An alpha empath, he is powerful in a world transformed by the Genetic Revolution, yet his experience has taught him to avoid attention.

When the perfect human being, Galahad, escapes from Pioneer Laboratories, the illusory peace between humans and their derivatives--the in vitros, clones, and mutants--collapses into social upheaval. The abominations, deformed and distorted mirrors of humanity, created unintentionally in Pioneer Lab's search for perfection, descend upon Washington D.C. The first era of the Genetic Revolution was peaceful. The second is headed for open war.

Although the genetic future of the human race pivots on Galahad, Danyael does not feel compelled to get involved and risk his cover of anonymity, until he finds out that the perfect human being looks just like him.


Review:


Perfection Unleashed (Double Helix, #1)Perfection Unleashed by Jade Kerrion
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

I love science fiction, so when I was offered a chance to read this book, I grabbed it with both hands. I'm glad I did, because I loved it!

Galahad is a fantastic character. He is the perfect human - good looking, strong, agile, virile and a powerful weapon. However, he is also a lab rat, with no rights to living his own life. I really felt for this character, as although created in a lab, he is still human. I liked him very much.

Danyael Sabre is also a fantastic character. He is a doctor, but he is also an alpha empath - a mutant born from human parents. He is incredibly powerful. This is a man living on the edge of a knife. I really felt for him, because if he let go of his shields, people had a tendency to die.

This is a fantastic story! I was sucked in from the first page! I felt like I was really there, because the descriptions of the scenes were vivid. The story is told from several points of view, which gave it a movie like feel. I can easily see this on the big screen! I think it could give the X-Men a run for it's money! The characters came alive on the page, and I could feel their emotions as they dealt with some serious issues. This story is set in a world very much like ours, but with a few differences; so it could be a different dimension, or the future in which in vitro's, clones and mutants are either tolerated or hated in equal measure, but not really accepted. However, what made this story so intriguing to me was the inhumanity shown by the so-called humans towards those who are different. Their attitudes made me shudder! There are twists and turns in the story that surprised and delighted me, but there were some that were rather dark and disturbing. This is one thrilling ride! I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Jade Kerrion has written an exciting science fiction story that takes the idea of manipulation of genetics to the next level. I loved the way the story flowed; I am just sorry that it has taken me so long to get to this book.

I highly recommend this story if you love science fiction. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


          

No comments:

Post a Comment