Thursday, March 20, 2014

Cobweb Bride book one in a trilogy!


Click on the pic to get your free copy on Amazon today.
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley for review.

Now, at the start, for most of the first 17% of this book I wanted to give up on the read.
It is slow in starting, it drags on a bit and the story line in total -- even though I adore fantasy -- did not appeal to me. 
However.  Once the self sacrifice part of the story kicks in, I got to be more interested and even though I still cannot say that the story as such appeal to me, I can say that the writing is amazing. 
I am serious.  This is a style that takes some getting used to. Once you are, you find yourself admiring the way the world building is done, the way the characters find their own voice and interspersed between all of this is the fact that the author has a truly unique writing style that in and of itself kept me reading.

I am unsure as to whom I should recommend it to.  The story line is fantasy.  Since it did not really grip me but the writing did, I think I will recommend this to literary fiction fans.  The writing alone is really worth it.

WaAr

The author on Goodreads:

Vera Nazarian is arguably the only Armenian-Russian professional speculative fiction writer working in English today. She is an award-winning artist and a Nebula-nominated writer, active member of Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA). Her work has been translated into eight languages. Best known works are the novels Dreams of the Compass Rose and Lords of Rainbow.

Ancient myth, moral fables, eclectic philosophy, and her Armenian and Russian ethnic heritage play a strong part in all her work. 





No comments:

Post a Comment