Sunday, March 09, 2014

Raven by Kimberly Brockman

Raven by Kimberly Brockman

Click on the pic to go to Amazon to get your copy today!

The name Raven had me thinking of the Raven boys before I started to read the book.  I tried to get rid of that as soon as possible.  
I loved the Raven Boys.  Want to read book II asap.  So I figured having that book in my head maybe judging this one against that one would be unfair.

I need not have worried.  We are introduced to Rayne, a normal girl with a tragic past.  She lost her sister in a fire.  She lost her best friend when he moved.  

So enters our second main protagonist, and all is not well.  Rayne is like a moth to a flame.  He is everything she needs and soon it becomes apparent that he is more than he should be.  He is a Raven, son of a Shadow, and they are coming for him.  

Rayne knows she should not get involved.  She knows she should turn away...though she cannot.

I am not in the habit anymore of giving 5* ratings.  I used to give them left, right and center but the more I read the more I have decided that I should let a 5* be what it is supposed to be.  And this book, this original plot line, these characters.  They deserve no less than a 5*.

Pick up your copy today.  

WaAr

No comments:

Post a Comment