Monday, February 20, 2012

Birth of a Wizard

Review on Birth of a Wizard by MJ Schutte.
Birth of a Wizard is the sequel to Energy by MJ Schutte and thus the second book in the Energy trials.

I usually start the second book in a series with some trepidation.

It has happened before that the second book is not as good as the first or even worse that the author changes the plot series in the second book to accommodate the third book.

This is most definitely not the case with BoW! The story picks up where it left off. The characters get more and more developed and this time the evil is more experienced fighters.

Brighton is not the person who's inner self gets challenged in this book. Instead it is his wife that needs to fight the final battle against her own demons in order to attempt to save the day. But what exactly is Lilly's demons? And why is it a matter of life and death, love vs destruction should she fail? Well ill leave you to find that out for yourself.

The characters shows such growth in BoW that I can hardly wait to see where the third in this trilogy will lead them. But beware. Not all of the good guys make it to the end. Some die young, others tragically and some out of necessity. So I would advise getting a hanky at the ready. It is, however. Not all doom and gloom!

I often laughed out loud in the book and found a new soft spot for approximately 300 people whom joins the rank of mythological creatures in this book!

It is extremely hard to write a review on a book this fast paced and action packed without giving spoilers. So ill rather leave you with this. If you love a great, epic love story. Read this book. If you loved Energy. You Must read this book. If you like epic fantasy with battles and heroics and people pushed beyond their capabilities, well then. You must read this book!
So in short if you read, read this book.

I give this book a 7 out of five star review. I loved it even better than the first book which I absolutely adored. I would buy, lend, gift it to my best friend and I could not read it fast enough to see how the final battle will end. MJ Schutte has grown so much as an author that I can hardly wait to read the final book in his trilogy.
MJ one word of advice though. Start on a new series or free standing novel, not only I but scores of fans will drive you nuts begging and demanding more.

No comments:

Post a Comment