Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Creatura by Nelly Cab reviewed by Lynn Worton


Review of Creatura by Nely Cab

When seventeen year-old Isis Martin is having trouble sleeping due to perturbing dreams of a horrific growling beast, she decides to confront her fear. But what Isis discovers is something other than a menacing entity. The human-like creature offers Isis assurance that he is not a figment of her imagination. Unwilling to accept his avowal, Isis sets his words to con...test by asking the entity to prove himself - a dare, he readily welcomes. It is in her dreams that Isis innocently stumbles upon the silent existence of the divine lineage of those that man has long forgotten. In a quaint town, deep in south Texas, this story leads Isis onto the path of impermissible love and captivating life-changing truths. Isis Martin's journey is sure to leave any reader ravenous for more.

Review 6 out of 5

Isis Martin is having nightmares and is unable to sleep properly due to the fear created by a growling beast. She decides to confront her fear and finds herself facing a human-like creature. He assures her he is real and she challenges him to prove it; he does. When Isis meets David, sparks fly!

I LOVED this book! From the first page I was hooked! I couldn't stop reading. I felt for Isis as she tried to cope with the lack of sleep. Then she meets David. Oh, David! I just love this character! I won't say much about him, as I don't want to put spoilers in. I feel to do so would spoil the enjoyment of this story for the reader. Suffice it to say, I felt like swooning during some parts of the book! The ending has a magnificent twist, which I didn't see coming. My first thought was "WOW!!!!". I had to read it again to make sure I had read it correctly. My second thought was, "OH, NO!!!". Now I can't wait to find out what's going to happen in this trilogy! - Lynn Worton

No comments:

Post a Comment