Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Book Review of Other Side of Night (A Novella) by Chris Martin



Synopsis:

When Luke Farmer and his two best friends find a cell phone in the park, they are thrust into a world of adventure and mystery. With his newly rescued Golden Retriever, Boone, Luke is determined to figure out what is so important on the phone and why someone will do anything to get it back. Other Side of Night is a heart-pounding story of three friends forced to rise above their fear and face unknown adversaries in order to discover the truth.

Review:


Other Side of NightOther Side of Night by Chris Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a wonderful YA novella. I really enjoyed it!

Luke Farmer is a fantastic character. He is 12 years old, and he is very kind and well mannered. I liked him very much.

This is an exciting young adult novella for children between the ages of 9 and 14. I couldn't put it down! This book is full of danger and adventure, and will keep a young reader engrossed from beginning to end. I liked meeting Luke's friends. They are completely different in temperament, but their differences compliment each other. Bobby Jenkins is a quiet, intelligent young man who is bordering on being a maths genius. Ethan Moore is loud and a bit of a drama queen, but he has a good heart. The story starts off quite slowly, but it soon builds up into a mystery when the boys find a missing phone. The bad guys are not the nicest of people and are quite scary. I loved the chase scenes, because they ramped up my heart beat and I could "see" them quite clearly. I was a little disappointed when I reached the end because I wanted the story to keep going. However, the ending was well rounded and all's well that end's well (as they say).

Chris Martin has written a fast paced mystery adventure full of suspense for children. I loved his writing style and his characters come alive on the page! I look forward to reading more of his books in the future.

I highly recommend this book to both boys and girls aged 9 to 14. However, I also recommend this book to adults who love to read younger YA books. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


        

No comments:

Post a Comment