Friday, May 09, 2014

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - The Mortal Instruments series book one.

The Mortal Instruments, book one - City of Bones by Cassandra Clare listened to on audio

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
I was reading this book, or listening to it for the third or fourth time (the same few chapters over and over since it simply did not hook me) while the movie showed.  So I naturally watched the movie.  The movie was brilliant.  So I decided I had to push through and listen to the rest of the book. 
It took FOREVER….. before the book hooked me, it was only in the latter third that it got to be exciting and kept me hooked.  So my star rating on this is extremely divided.  I really did not like the start or the middle, it is only the end that got me to love it.  

So in all I cannot give it more than a three star rating.  I was worried for a few seconds that the movie was what influenced me against the book until I recalled that I tried and failed to listen to the book way before I watched the movie.  In the end, the book is not bad, if it hooks you earlier than it did me you are in for a wild and exciting ride.  I will be reading the rest of the series though.  So do not think this is a bad 3* rating. 


WaAr

No comments:

Post a Comment