Friday, August 22, 2014

Sexual abuse : Life after Hell by Gladys Quintal

Click on the pic to get your copy from Amazon.com

Life after Hell by Gladys Quintal

Book Description

Publication Date: September 26, 2013


After being separated from my mother twice in my 10 short years of life, I was more than a little excited at the prospect of being reunited with her again. Unfortunately, my elation was to be short-lived when the visits to my bedroom started. Threatening to send me away again or turn the loaded gun he kept in my wardrobe on us all, he kept my silence.

It was to be another six years until I escaped the abuse of my mother’s husband and another 30 years before I was able to bring him to justice. Ironically, the one person that should have protected me and helped me fight to stop him, my mother, is still with him to this day.

Note from the author: This is a true account of the sexual and physical abuse I sustained as a child. Please be warned - this is not an easy read and contains graphic abuse themes.

Lets start at the beginning. This is a true story. The writing style is a narrative expressing the experiences as the author recalls abuse from an extremely young age. The sexual abuse part of the story starts at age ten and carries on. The abuse is graphic but never descriptive. It is no holes-barred narrative but not crude.

Not an easy read but one I believe should be read. The authors mother pathological desire to believe that her 10 year old daughter is the seductress, that she seduced a grown man, that the sex is consensual and that it is not rape, not molestation of a minor but an affair... was for me personally the worst form of abuse described in this book. That amount of traitorous desire to keep a man simply baffles the mind. Cruelty to animals is also described within context. All in all, if your a grown up I say this is a must read. If you want your children to read it please read it first so that you can decide before hand what they should and should not be exposed to!

WaAr

Since I do not think puppies will be appropriate.....




1 comment:

  1. From the review I can tell that this is a truly painful y hard to read story that unfortunately I know too personally. Bravo to the Author for being able to put it in to words, y for having the strength to publish it. Mucho Blessings y Success!!!

    ReplyDelete