Monday, May 14, 2012

Passion by Lauren Kate

Blurb via Goodreads
Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.

Sweeping across centuries, PASSION is the third novel in the unforgettably epic FALLEN series
.
My review
So I could not wait to get my hands on a copy of Passion, it was late to be released in South Africa so I started with a back log already, then I had to wait some more.  When at last I got around to reading it, I was very disappointed.  The story of Luce chasing answers starts off with a bang.  And it gripped me with almost the same Passion the previous two books in the series had. BUT. . . Yes, the but is big for me, but the story line got so repetitive I had to really put in an effort to get through the book. 
The book is well written, don’t get me wrong.  Many may love it.  I however, did not.  In my honest opinion she could tell the entire story and the reader can get the entire gist of the story by reading the first 70 pages and the last 50.  I might not have been this disappointed in the book were it not that I adored the first two so much.  But as it turns out, it did disappoint.  My love of the series however will have me attacking the fourth book in the series with vigor and hope.  I kept thinking what rating to give the book, since it is well written I can't live with a rating of 3 *.  But since I can't recommend that anybody read the entire book either I am at a loss.  So I am giving it a 4 * rating.  Based more on the hope of the fourth and the excellence of the first two than on the engaging factor of the third. 

No comments:

Post a Comment