Friday, May 18, 2012

Book Review of Embrace by Stacey Rourke

Whether she likes it or not, eighteen year old Celeste Garrett has come to terms with being the Chosen One. She knew having a “normal life” would be tricky, between intense training sessions and epic... demonic battles, but she didn’t know at what cost it would come. That is, until a dear friend is harmed by the malicious forces hunting her.

Now, she’d like nothing more than to retreat into a hermit lifestyle to prevent anyone else from getting hurt. But startling revelations, amazing new abilities, and mortifying moments in front of insanely hot guys won’t allow time for that. Soon, Celeste finds herself surrounded by darkness and wondering who she can trust—if anyone.

Review 6 out of 5

Eighteen year old Celeste Garrett has to come to terms with being the Chosen One. She knew having a normal life would be tricky, but between the intense training sessions and fighting demons, she didn't realise what it would cost.
She meets two of the hottest men ever. Rowan, the blonde, blue-eyed demon and black-haired, green-eyed Caleb.
However, who can she trust when all is not as it seems?

This is the second book in The Gryphon Series by Stacey Rourke. I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book since I read the first book, The Conduit. When I started to read this story, I found myself smiling in anticipation! I knew I was going to love this story, and I was right!
Celeste and her siblings, Gabe and Kendall, have been training very hard with their spirit guide, Alaina. Celeste has been shouldering alone the burden of her ex-boyfriend turning to the dark side. She has been trying to come up with a way of rescuing him, with very little success.
Whilst on a girls night out with her friend, Celeste meets five demons that have been sent to kill her. These are the nerdiest demons I've ever read about. I absolutely loved Stacey's descriptions of them! When I read what they called themselves, I laughed out loud!
Celeste's life gets even more complicated with the arrival of Rowan, a rebel demon who is trying to win his freedom. I found his character to be very interesting and full of charisma.
What can I say about Caleb? WOW, HE'S HOT! Hands off girls, he's mine! I love the combination of black hair, green eyes and an Irish brogue! I think if I had to fight Celeste for him though, I would definitely lose! I don't have supernatural powers, so it's an unfair fight to start with!
There are some startling revelations, and a few surprising twists that kept me riveted to the pages. I am now dying to find out what happens in the next book, as Stacey has quite evilly, in my opinion, left me dangling on a knife-edge due to the enigmatic cliff-hanger of an ending! I highly recommend this book, and series, as it is completely unique and a fantastic YA romance/ action adventure! - Lynn Worton

No comments:

Post a Comment