Saturday, February 23, 2013

Thunderstorm (Daughters of Eden, #1)Thunderstorm by J.M. Schroder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a fantastic paranormal romance! I loved it!

Dika Edens is a wonderful character. She is the eldest of four sisters. She is 150 years old, but doesn't look a day over 30! Her longevity is thanks to her Grandmother, Lilith, the first woman created by God. She has, unknown to her, a protector in the form of Chrome Jai, a Dragon Guardian.

Chrome Jai is a sexy, but extremely protective, guardian. He was created as soon as Dika was born. He is a Thunder Dragon Guardian; he turns into a dragon, but he also has the ability to become a man or a type of mist. I wouldn't mind him being my guardian! ;)

This book is an intriguing take on the lives of Lilith, Adam and Eve, and their offspring from the Bible, although there is very little in the way of religion in this tale. The story is told through Dika and Chrome's point of view, and gives the reader an insight into their thoughts and actions. I loved the interaction between the characters, especially the sisters as, just like my relationship with my sisters, they have their moments. Unfortunately, when they have disagreements, or emotions run high, they tend to affect the world around them. Dika has an affinity to electricity and can control weather; I certainly wouldn't want to get on her bad side! The mutual attraction between Dika and Chrome is just as explosive! It basically makes the pages smoulder! There is plenty of other action too, which makes this book an exciting read! The danger faced by the sisters and their guardians has only just begun. I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

J.M. Schroder has written an incredibly fast paced and sexy paranormal romance - I loved every moment of it! Because of the sensual scenes in this book, I do not recommend it for younger readers. However, if you love a steamy paranormal romance, then this is for you! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment