Thursday, March 21, 2013

Robby's Quest for SeedRobby's Quest for Seed by D.C. Rush
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a fantastic children's story. I loved it!

Robby is a robin. He is a great character. He may be very small, but he is extremely clever. Having a sense of direction helps when you have to migrate over vast distances, and because Robby's sense is very good, he has been chosen as leader of a motley crew. This crew consists of a family of six sparrows (Jon, Jill, Jiff, Jan, Joy and Jeff), three Mourning doves (Sid, Sal and Sky), a lone black bird called Benny and Robby and his younger brother Ricky.

I love reading stories like this! It is extremely entertaining for children of all ages. This is a fabulous story of bravery, friendship and teamwork told in easy language so that younger children (6+) could try reading this story on their own (depending on reading ability).
I was carried away on the wind currents as the birds journeyed South for the Winter. They face many dangers on their travels, and overcome obstacles that would daunt me never mind the birds! This book would make a great bedtime story!

D.C. Rush has written an exciting and entertaining read! The little facts interspersed through the story may be missed by smaller children, but the author has cleverly added them in such a way that they educate while entertaining the reader. I am now looking forward to reading more books in the Robby Quest series.
I highly recommend this book for children from the ages 3-10, but older children may enjoy it too! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment