Wednesday, March 06, 2013

The Difference Between Night and DayThe Difference Between Night and Day by Melissa Turner Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a fantastic paranormal romance! I loved it!

Nathaniel Taylor is a fascinating character. He is a vampire with a difference - he has managed to keep his Christian values even after his change. I loved this character very much. He was an enigma in the beginning, and I wondered what made him tick. However, as I began to understand him, I felt proud to know him. He is a loving and caring man, who has had to face living with a terrible affliction.

Lilly Vaughn is also a fantastic character. She comes across as a very sweet person. I would like to meet her in the flesh one day. She has a childlike appreciation of the world around her, which gives her a naive quality. I loved watching her character grow as the story progressed.

I must admit that I don't read a lot of Christian fiction, but having read other books by this author, and when I saw the blurb for this, I was intrigued. I love paranormal romance, so I thought I would give this book a chance. I'm glad I did! The story hooked me from the first page! I found myself absorbed by the story, and I struggled to put it down. I fell in love with the characters, as they themselves fell in love with each other. This story is told from both Nathaniel's and Lilly's view points. The story has a few twists that I didn't see coming and kept me guessing as to what would happen next. There is also a bit of danger in the form of a rogue vampire. When I reached the end of the book, I was a bit sad because I hadn't wanted it to end! However, whether it's an intentional cliffhanger or not, the ending lends itself to a possible sequel. And, if there is another book on the way, I would definitely read it! Although this is a Christian romance, the book is not preachy in any way; It focuses mostly on faith, rather than scripture.

Melissa Turner Lee has written a heart warming paranormal romance that has enthralled and entertained me. I am looking forward to reading more books by this author, whether they be Christian or otherwise. I highly recommend this book if you love Paranormal Romance novels, or if you are looking for a unique and different kind of vampire story. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment