Thursday, March 21, 2013

Wiccan ShadowsWiccan Shadows by Lori J. Schiele
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a fantastic paranormal romance! I loved it!

Alex Grisham is a fantastic character. She is a loving, warm and kind soul. She also happens to be a powerful witch. I loved this character as she coped with the disappearance of the coven's high priestess, and the danger that follows. She has a vulnerability about her, but she also has an inner strength that comes to the fore.

This book is part thriller and paranormal romance, and is an exciting rollercoaster of a ride! I was gripped from the first page! The sudden mood shifts of Glenn's gave me whiplash! His coldness was confusing at first, but as the story unfolded, it became clear.
The sexual tension between Alex and Dan is intense! Even though they weren't touching in scenes, the heat of their attraction sizzled on the page! There is one very hot scene that is explicit, but not erotic.
I also liked meeting the rest of the coven. Jen is a vet and Robyn is an angst ridden teen. These characters play an important role in this book, and I am looking forward to reading more in The Wiccan Sisterhood series.

Lori J. Schiele has written a fast paced novel that is extremely entertaining! I think that the author has done a lot of homework on the wiccan practices and spells, but I think some poetic licence may have been used too, and they come across as believable. I highly recommend this book if you love a great paranormal thriller/romance full of danger, witches and werewolves. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment