Friday, October 04, 2013

Book Review of The Last Dragon (A Spin-off novel to The Witching Pen Novellas) by Dianna Hardy



Synopsis:

The Earth is in a state of shock after the apocalypse. The veil between dimensions is no more. Demons and fallen angels walk among humans, and everyone is trying to find their place in the new world - Morgan le Fey's world.

But the fairy queen finds herself cemented within humanity and struggling with human emotions, and her right-hand-man, Lucifer, has secrets which are causing fissions among every race.

Meanwhile, Karl and Elena struggle with their powers, Katarra delivers an important message, and two men will stop at nothing to protect their unborn child - the Messiah of the New Age - and the woman they love.

Far to the east, the fallen Archangel Michael is fighting for the one he holds above all others.

The last Dragon is about to rise and seal everyone's future, which depends solely on its survival ... or its extinction.

Notes: The Witching Pen series is comprised of a paranormal romance trilogy (books 1-3) and an urban fantasy novel, The Last Dragon. It is HIGHLY recommended that you read the trilogy first, so that you are not lost with this story. Contains explicit scenes of sex and some violence. Written in British English.


Review:


The Last DragonThe Last Dragon by Dianna Hardy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the fourth book, and a spin off, of The Witching Pen series. I loved The Witching Pen novella's (a paranormal romance trilogy), so when I had the chance to get my hands on a copy of this book, I took it! I'm glad I did, because I loved it!

This story continues from the end of The Demon Bride. The barriers between the dimensions have dissolved and demons, angels and humans are struggling to come to terms with the change. Meanwhile, the dragon is beginning to stir.
I usually do a character breakdown when doing a review, but this story is told from too many different points of view to do so this time. It was nice to visit with Elena, Karl, Morgana, Lucifer, Abaddon, Michael, Amy, Pueblo, Paul, Kattara and Kathrine again. To avoid giving away any spoilers, I am going to refrain from saying too much. I will say this: This story took me on a HUGE rollercoaster ride of emotion. There are some twists and turns in this story that completely took me by surprise - my jaw literally dropped at one point! I struggled to put this book down and was completely hooked from the first page!
I felt sad when I came to the end of the book, because I wanted to keep reading! I am not sure if there will be another book after this one, but I sincerely hope so because I would like to know Brennan's story; His future intrigues me!

Dianna Hardy is a fantastic author! I am a HUGE fan of hers! I love her writing style, which is fast paced and fluid. I am looking forward to reading more of her work in the future!

As this book contains scenes of explicit sex, I do not recommend this book for readers younger than 17. However, I HIGHLY recommend this book (PLEASE read the Witching Pen novella's first though!) if you love sexy demons, angels and witches! Oh, and dragons! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


             


No comments:

Post a Comment