Wednesday, October 02, 2013

The Book of Matt by Stephen Jiminez

The Book of Matt by Stephen Jiminez

 
to learn more 
click on 
the pic to go
to Amazon!

The Book of Matt : Hidden Truths About The Murder of Matthew Shephard

Ok so as a Non Us citizen I requested this book from Netgalley for review because I wanted to break out of my usual review genre.
This book sure did that.
I studied journalism myself and have come to know that without having reputable, reliable, and multiple sources as an investigative journalist tool, said journalist will not have much of a story.
It’s is this exact tool that lessened my reading experience for it soon became repetitive.  I had to keep reminding myself of how a counter theory or truth is build once a popular belief has been accepted.  This is actually the part I loved the best in the book.  The parts where the author does not forward and alternate explanation but instead questioned why one theory was so readily accepted above all others. 
I can see how Matthew became a martyr based on the description of the crime scene as well as the popular media liaison following his murder.  What I however wondered is if Matthew were killed in a big city, would he still be a martyr.  A boy with issues or would he have been a statistic.  So I walked away for a new question…why this much attention on the all American boy next door?
All in all a good if not a dramatic or fast read.


WaAr

No comments:

Post a Comment