Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Book Review of Cursed (The Thorne Trilogy #1) by R.K. Ryals

Cursed (The Thorne Trilogy, #1)Cursed by R.K. Ryals
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 7*******

This is the first book in a new series by R.K. Ryals. I loved it!

Monroe is a fantastic character! I loved her when I first met her in Redemption (The Redemption Trilogy). She was, and is, the best friend of Dayton Blainey. She also happens to be a witch, a very talented one! Being able to sense when demons are around comes in handy sometimes, especially when Luther "Thorne" Craig is concerned!

Luther Craig is a hybrid demon, and brother to Marcus Craig (Dayton's boyfriend). He is a sexy demon! I'm not sure why ladies are drawn to characters like these (myself included!); Maybe it's because there is something wild and uninhibited about these characters, or it's got something to do with the primitive brain being attracted to the dangerous types. Nevertheless, Luther likes being BAD, period! However, being a bodyguard to Monroe was the last thing he wanted; Sent by his brother, he has no choice.

I had been wanting to read this story from the moment I had read a small excerpt of it in an anthology called "Paranormal Days Gone Awry". However, even if I hadn't read the anthology, I would still have wanted to read this series! I have read R.K. Ryals's other series (The Redemption Series and Acropolis Series, not to forget her new series, The Scribes of Medeisia) and loved them, so I knew that Munroe's story would be fantastic! I wasn't wrong! This story is hard to put down once you start reading it! It is fast paced and full of Munroe's snarky thoughts, whether about Luther or her cousin. These comments are quite witty and had me giggling out loud; I got a few odd looks on the bus, let me tell you!
This book is also exciting, as there is danger in the form of the hellhounds; They are nasty! And the re-appearance of Lilith, which sent shivers down my back! There is also a matter of a spell gone awry! This further complicates an already complicated situation, and let me just say that Luther is not amused! I am now dying to read the next book in the series!

R.K. Ryals has written another fantastic YA Paranormal Romance Series. She is one of my favourite authors, and I will read anything written by her.

I HIGHLY recommend this series if you love YA Paranormal Romances with demons, angels, gargoyles, witches and strong characters that come alive on the page! I also highly recommend that you read The Redemption Series (to find out how it all began) and Acropolis Series (Conor Reinhardt's story). - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment