Saturday, May 18, 2013

Book Review of Unleash (Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance Series Book 6) by Felicity Heaton

Unleash (Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance, #6)Unleash by Felicity E. Heaton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the sixth and final book in the Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance Series. I loved it!

Snow is a wonderful character! He is fiercely protective and loving, but is haunted by a disease that releases a rage that he cannot control. I was intrigued about his story when he was first introduced in Covet. My heart went out to this man, as he dealt with his bloodlust. This is an affliction caused by what we would today call in-breeding. He has suffered through unimaginable pain and guilt for what he did to his family so long ago.

Aurora is also a fabulous character! She is feisty and strong. But, she too has baggage from her past. As an Angel, she has been watching Snow from afar for 2000 years. Unable to resist any longer, she goes to him in his darkest hour.

Reading this book made me extremely happy, but also very sad! Happy because I finally got to read Snow's story, which I had been wanting to read from the first moment I met him in Covet; sad, because it is the end of the series. Snow's story is full of emotion. I found myself, more than once, with tears in my eyes! Snow is an emotionally scarred man. Having a disease that makes you become savage and extremely dangerous is a terrifying prospect. However, I was oddly touched with Snow as he tried to control himself. I don't know if it's the mothering instinct, but I just wanted to give him a hug! I'm not sure if he would have torn my head off if I had tried, but even if he did, I wouldn't blame him.
Aurora has a calming influence on him, and they make a wonderful couple! I must admit that I was surprised at Aurora's link to Snow, but when I found out how the link occurred, I was deeply disturbed!
But this link, I think, is Snow's salvation. There are some deeply touching scenes that made me almost turn to mush! If I wasn't in love with Snow at the beginning (which I was when reading Covet, by the way!), I would have fallen for him whilst reading this book!

Felicity Heaton is my top favourite author! Her books are filled with characters that are extremely lifelike! They have flaws, feel pain and love deeply. I love how her books not only take you on an adventure, but also on an emotional journey. I am now looking forward to reading her two new series Eternal Mates and Guardians of Hades!

As this book is an erotic romance, I do not recommend this book to younger readers. However, I HIGHLY recommend this book (and series!) if you love HOT, STEAMY paranormal romances. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment