Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Book Review of Light Weaver by Carol Anne Strange



Synopsis:

Light Weaver is a contemporary story with a fantastical twist set in the English Lake District. It’s a tale about love, transience, and the nature of reality.

What if your world was no lon
ger what it seemed?

Strange and inexplicable things are happening in the Lakeland fells … light orbs dance over mossy crags, symbols miraculously appear in grassy lowlands, and Cali Silverthorn keeps disappearing into other worlds.

Mobile librarian, Tom Philips, is captivated by free-spirited Cali but is struggling to make sense of her remarkable abilities and the escalating strangeness impacting ordinary rural life.

As beliefs are challenged, Tom and Cali's love becomes the only constant in a questionable reality as they face the heart-breaking realisation that Cali may soon disappear for good.


Review:


Light WeaverLight Weaver by Carol Anne Strange
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This was an intriguing and beguiling read! I really enjoyed it!

Tom Philips is a fantastic character! He's studious and logical. I liked him very much. When he meets Cali, his eyes are opened to a whole new world.

Cali Silverthorn is also a wonderful character. She is completely opposite to Tom. She is very instinctual and spiritual. She is a holistic healer. I liked her carefree attitude, but it hides an even bigger secret.

This book is a mixture of science fiction, romance and fantasy. I found myself hooked from the first page! I have always been intrigued with the possibility of aliens visiting the earth, and in the formation of crop circles. The author has taken possible alien visitations and the crop circle phenomena and put a twist on it. Set in the lake district of England, the descriptions of the Lakeland fells and the villages were very vivid, and I felt like I was actually there! I loved meeting some of the village characters. Some are relatively normal, but there were a few that I felt were kindred spirits! I loved how the story unfolded and how effortlessly it flowed. The love that Tom and Cali feel for each other is palpable. There are a few heated scenes, but they are not explicit or erotic. There is a twist at the end, which I had hoped would occur, and it did!

Carol Anne Strange has written a fantastic tale that captured my attention, and gave me a thoroughly entertaining and thought-provoking read. I look forward to reading more of her books.

I recommend this book if you love romance, science fiction or fantasy genres. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


          

No comments:

Post a Comment