Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cindy J Smith

Author Cindy J Smith



Author Bio:


Cindy Smith was born in southern NY State and raised in a small town in Upstate NY.  Cindy has lived in many different states from Maine to Florida, in this wonderful country. She now resides in Indiana, with her husband.  She has worked a variety of jobs during her life- waitress, department store associate, certified electronic technician. She is currently employed as an over the road trucker.  When she is not working or composing poems, Cindy likes to read, listen to music and do arts and crafts. Through all her experiences, she had voices in her head dictating poems. The voices would not relent until Cindy wrote the poems down. She invites you to eavesdrop. Cindy self-published her first book of poetry, Voices in my Head in November 2011. Her second, They Won't Shut Up was released by CH&BB Publishing July 13.


They Wont Shut Up


Synopsis

"They Won't Shut Up" is Cindy J. Smith's second book of poetry in which she explains life as she sees it. Her poems deal with emotions and conflicts that are universal to the human condition - pain, love, suffering, joy and loss. Cindy J. Smith writes of dreams and magic, she writes of the moments we live that are woven subtly into the fabric of our lives and nature's beauty.

Several special poems have been added to the end of "They Won't Shut Up", written by Jasmine McMurtrey Reindl, Smith's late daughter.


Blurb

Voices in my Head
Talk all of the time
To music I feel
They add rhythm and rhyme

Emotions take flight
Grief, despair and love
Heart seeks to find hope
On wings of a dove

Their view of this world
Both nature and man
New angle embellished
To help understand

Walk for a minute
In other guys shoes
See why they might feel
So lost and confused

Dreams, flights of fancy,
Sarcasm and light pun
Work through frustrations
To friendship and fun

Open myself wide
Feel pure empathy
See how this world could
With love, truly be

Listen with your soul
To songs that I share
May see way to change
This world if you dare

Follow her here ------


Twitter:  @cindysvoices

Amazon Authorpage:  http://tinyurl.com/clybzs8

Amazon Paperback: http://tinyurl.com/cv6mcwg

Amazon Kindle:  http://tinyurl.com/cjt3ka6

AmazonUK  paperback:  http://tinyurl.com/clbxnbl

AmazonUK kindle:  http://tinyurl.com/ccnn3bf

Barnes and Noble:  http://tinyurl.com/cu4q7c8


My review of They Wont Shut Up

My review

Lacking some of the raw emotion of the first book of poetry this is no less an open book to a person soul.


I have countless poems I can recite that I figure is a must read but those that really got me thinking is in no particular order.

Cereal Killer - it is a funny poem. I liked that.
Evil and Twin
Westobor Baptist Church - disturbing poem.
The Dragon Lady. We all know this gal.
Free
Words
Bouquet - loved the poets use of words colors etc in this one.
Fireplace.
Dragon Lord
And
Halloween. 

WaAr

My review of The Voices In My Head


Ok, so what I know about poetry is that personally I hate a Grecian Urn!
Thus, my knowledge is far less than limitless!

The thing is, I don't need to take these poems or to share the same exact life experiences to be able to get it!
Life, loss, tragedy and HOPE is central to this collection and I could and do relate to that!

What grabbed me most was the non-holes barred brute honesty of these poems which shocked me and made me relate all in one go!

Not all the poems are heavy or tragic and I could relate to the 9 Farmville farms .... Ok the idea of 9 farms since I started out playing these silly games as well! The authors view of the life beyond her window of nature and friends is one of simplicity borne from honesty!

But it is her honesty in tragedy and loss that most grabbed abd vied for my attention! Will you like it?
I don't know the answer to that! I know it touched me and made me say, but for the Grace..
So pick up a copy for yourself and meet sorrow and fun and see if you like it!

WaAr

2 comments: