Friday, April 12, 2013

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

This is the third book in The Infernal Devices Trilogy. I LOVED IT!

Tessa Gray is a fantastic character! I loved her sass and attitude when she first met Will and Jem in the Clockwork Angel. She is now planning her wedding to Jem. However, I was a bit broken hearted that she didn't chose Will. But, as I started reading this story I realised that maybe she had made the right choice.

Jem is the most kind hearted, sweetest and loveable character. I can see why Tessa loves him. I fell in love with him myself!

Will is the quintessential tortured hero - a poet and scholar combined with a warrior heart. No wonder Tessa is torn between these two characters (Jem and Will). They are polar opposites, but somehow they balance each other. I suppose that's why they are Parabati. I also fell in love with this character! What is it about these characters that appeal to the female psyche? Is it the maternal instinct that recognises a lost little boy underneath the swagger and bravado?

Since this is the final book in this trilogy series, I am sad to say goodbye to these and the other characters. This book carries on from the end of Clockwork Prince. Tessa, Will, Jem and the rest of the Institutes residents are thrown into another fantastic adventure that is completely exciting and dangerous! There are some serious twists and turns in this book that surprised me, and left me breathless! There are also a few shocks in store! I was left in tears of disbelief during some of the scenes. I won't say which scenes, but I'm dying to! The whole series has captured the scenes of Victorian London so well that I felt like I was actually there! The characters also came alive and swept me into an amazing adventure! I will say that the ending was very bitter sweet and somewhat clichéd, but it gave me the warm and fuzzies. It made me wonder if a couple of these characters will turn up in either the next book of The Mortal Instruments or in the new Dark Artifices series; Only time will tell. I am now looking forward to reading the next book in The Mortal Instruments series, as well as the new Bane Chronicles (the first book of which is due for release shortly) and the Dark Artifices series.

Cassandra Clare has such a vivid imagination, and her writing style is so fluid and fast paced, that I can understand why these books are so popular. I very highly recommend this book (and series) if you love action packed YA or Paranormal genres full of vampires, werewolves, fae, angels, demons and Shadowhunters! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment