Monday, April 15, 2013

Tutti FruttiTutti Frutti by Mike Faricy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is another exciting Dev Haskell novel. I absolutely LOVED it!

Dev Haskell is a fantastic character! He's a Private Investigator, with what I would call an unhealthy obsession with female anatomy, who likes to fly by the seat of his pants. However, I keep wondering how he manages to get himself into so much trouble without even trying! I would like to know what he may have done in a previous life to continuously be in the wrong place at the wrong time! Talk about bad karma! I do love him though!

This is a fantastic story! Once I started reading this book, I struggled to put it down! The action and danger is intense, and Dev is his usual, bumbling self. I found myself giggling at some scenes (probably inappropriately), but there are some really witty ones that tickled my funny bone! There are some interesting characters that come into Dev's life. One of them is Candi. She is an older woman, and a dominatrix in a BDSM club. I was very happy for Dev, as he seemed to settle down once he met her. There are a few BDSM scenes that are alluded to, but not actually shown in detail.
The other character that comes into Dev's life is his new client, Swindle Lawless. She is an intriguing character. She comes across as shallow and flighty, but as the story continued, it showed that there's a depth to her that was hidden.
There is mystery, danger and adventure aplenty in this novel. I loved how the story flowed, and the ending has left me wanting more! I am now looking forward to reading more of Dev's adventures in the future!

Mike Faricy has done it again! He has written a fast paced, rollercoaster ride of excitement, danger, adventure and humour that had me sitting on the edge of my seat! It's a good job I'm not a nail biter, otherwise I would have none left! I highly recommend this book (and the other Dev Haskell books) if you love detective novels that are entertaining and addictive. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Lynn, Thanks for the great review, glad you enjoyed Tutti Frutti and Dev's latest adventure. More to come!

    ReplyDelete