Saturday, April 20, 2013

Once Upon A Zombie Apocalypse - KyleeOnce Upon A Zombie Apocalypse - Kylee by K.B. Miller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a fantastic read! I loved it!

Kylee Mahafferty is a character who is very business orientated. She is comfortable with the pressure and stress of rushing from book conventions to book signings, and back to conventions. However, the stress of fighting off zombies may just break her!
I liked her sarcastic and witty thoughts as she observed the world going to hell around her. She is an incredibly brave woman, and she can run in high heels! I can't even walk in them without tripping over something, even imaginary things! She has my respect for that talent!

This is a fantastic zombie novella! I'm not a huge reader of zombie novels, but this story is an extremely entertaining read! The story starts out innocently enough, but little did I realise what I was in for! This is one heck of a ride! I read this in one sitting, as the book was extremely hard to put down! The action was quite intense, and there are some scenes that could be disturbing for some readers. I am now looking forward to reading more of these novellas, as I am dying (no pun intended!) to find out what happens next! I'm also looking forward to reading Jade's point of view of the same timeline, which has been written by Jennifer Malone Wright.

This series is a collaboration between two great authors, K.B. Miller and Jennifer Malone Wright. Their writing styles are slightly different, but I have a feeling that they compliment each other beautifully. I love K.B. Miller's writing style, as the story flows effortlessly off the page. I was a bit unsure as to whether she could write horror stories, as she had previously only written YA romances, but my fears were unfounded. I am a huge fan of her work, and will read any other books she writes in the future.

Due to the violence in some of the scenes, I do not recommend this book for younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love horror, or if you are looking for a change in genre. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment