Friday, April 26, 2013

The Boy Who Said No

The Boy Who Said No
An Escape to Freedom
by Patti Sheehy
 I requested to review this book due to my love for history.
It was with shock and dismay that I discovered how very little I know about this history in particular.
This is despite me watching hours of documentaries on Fidel Castro and his brother.
How Cuba was taken by them via a revolution and how they wished to become the major Russian Communist backed country in Latin America.
This book addressed no lofty ideals, never answered the WHY but gave an excellent account of the how and the impact of this on the lives of normal Cuban citizens.

I loved the fact that this is based on a true story which lend Franky an edge afforded to no fictional character but which is all his own. 
I really loved this book and would recommend all history lovers to read this for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment